The Broco BR-22 Underwater Cutting Torch is ergonomically designed for diver comfort and reducing forearm fatigue. The torch is constructed from durable high-impact and corrosion resistant materials. Most metal parts are brass. The non-conductive flexible coupler joining the oxygen control valve to the torch head is a key safety feature, unique in design and found only in Broco torches.
Broco torches are easy to maintain. The flash arrestor is brass with an internal filter screen. The large collet nut is knurled to assure the diver a solid grasp. Acme threads prevent binding from mud or other debris insuring quick, reliable rod insertion and retention. Interchangeable collets accommodate 3/8″ and 1/4″ diameter cutting rods.
The Broco BR-22 can also be used as a welding electrode holder. The BR-22 Cutting Torch is built to deliver years of trouble-free performance at minimum cost. Spare parts kits are available.
- Redesigned collet provides tighter hold on the cutting rod. Redesigned collet washer removes rubber from the oxygen stream and extends washer life.
- Ceramic washer provides noncombustible electrical isolation.
- PTFE lined fiberglass reinforced hose withstands extremely high operating temperatures and is combustion resistant.
- The internal gasket reduces electrolysis, insulates the diver’s hand from electrical current, and reduces potential for gas pockets in the torch.
- Sintered element slag arrestor withstands more heat and sparks and increases oxygen flow rate.
- Non-return valve stops the flow of hot gases in the event of a flash back.
- Valve lever and valve stem have been redesigned to allow manual return should the valve stem get stuck.
- Redesigned valve to better meter flow.