Amaze yourself by exploring the night life underwater with new colors which not normally revealed in the beam of your old tag along dive light.
Recently you may have heard that some resorts are beginning to offer what’s called a Fluorescent Dive or Flo Dive” where night divers are given UV lights that transform the reef into a spectacular show of color, just like the UV posters of yore.
This phenomenon is relatively new to divers but, in fact, scientists have been observing this reaction for years. It is only recently that advances in technology have allowed the world of UV to be brought into the mainstream diving industry.
See the nightlife underwater differently. Reveal all those hidden colors! Now all possible with TacDive Glow UV Luxeon 395nM.
Our bio-florescent UV light emits at 395nM to give you the best night view and review all the hidden colors.
How does it Work: Chemical compounds contained in the tissue of these animals (mostly corals) react to the UV light causing them to fluoresce in brilliant reds, purples and greens. The results can be quite amazing. Recently, advances in technology have made possible a new version of the UV LED which has a wavelength just outside the spectrum of visible light at about 395 (nm). This LED still causes marine life to put on their fluorescent show but since it is nearly invisible to the naked eye, only the glowing colors are revealed. The reef is still bathed in UV light you just can’t see it! Bottom line no yellow filter needed.
Our GLOW torch featured a full size UV light with narrow and beam penetrating to see way to the back of an overhand on the wall, daytime or night.
The eLED circuitry provides relatively constant brightness throughout most of the life of the batteries. As the batteries are nearly depleted the brightness of the LED falls sharply, but does not go out as happens with classical filament lamps.
This brightness will persist for several days, making this light valuable for emergency situations. The GLOW is also great as a photo spotting light or to illuminate gauges and dive tables.
The GLOW operates more efficiently and produces more light when it is cool. Underwater, the GLOW burns brighter for almost half of the battery life, due to the unique way that heat is conducted away from the LED. The higher brightness consumes a little more power and slightly reduces the battery life.
Flo-Diving is the new night diving.
– Fluorescent Dive or Flo Dive Light
– Amaze Yourself by Seeing New Colors when Night Diving
– UV Lights Transform the Reef into a Spectacular Show of Color
– Just like the UV Posters of Yore
– Phenomenon is Relatively New to Divers, Scientists have Observing Reaction for Years
– How does it Work: Chemical Compounds in Tissue of Animals (mostly corals) React to UV Light. Results are Quite Amazing. No Need for Filters!
– 3xLuxeon UV 385nM with burntime over 50,000 hours
– Subcarn Milky reflector for the best disperse and wide angle. Best for photo/videography.
– LI-ION 26650 rechargable battery. Why do we use 26650 Li-ION battery? We want to make sure that we give you our best and powerful UV light in the market today. You can experience things away without having be close to the object.
– Our new T-7Z alloy implemented in TacDive Glow™ is the new breed of alloy. We deployed this material on TacDive Glow™ to ensure the best weight to reliability ratio. T7Z alloy does not emmit heat as good as T6 alloy that we often use in our other flashlight models. Since UV light does not produce that much heat, it is best to maintain weight vs relibility ratio by using the 1st in the industry T-7Z alloy material.
– Up to 3 hours of NON-STOP burning time!
THE FLO DIVING EXPERIENCE
Do you want to discover your night dive world in a way you’ve never experienced before? Would you like to look at the world around you with different eyes? Do you ever think that there so many colors hidden underneath those we can see with bare eyes? You might want to try Fluo Dive.
Taken at night, when the underwater world is dark, a fluo dive trip will show you a side of the ocean you might never have dreamed possible. Corals, fish and other creatures will take on mysterious, otherworldly colors beneath the fluo dive lamps, quite literally becoming as different as night and day. Once you finally bring yourself to return to the surface, your view on the sea will be forever changed.
WHAT IS A FLO DIVE AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
Under normal sunlight, tropical corals and fish offer a bright display of colors and shapes. Getting a chance to see these colors is one of the main reasons people dive; the exotic rainbow beneath the waves of is an impressive sight. Beneath these colors, however, lies a hidden secret – a secret which the TacDive Glow™ light can help you reveal.
If you’ve ever seen a white object under a black light lamp, you’ll know that it doesn’t appear white at all. Instead, white objects glow a mesmerizing blue, due to the fact that the wavelength of the light is absorbed by the white surface and re-emitted as another wavelength, creating a different color. This process is known as fluorescence and forms the core of the fluo dive experience.
Many sea organisms have fluorescent pigments in their bodies which will glow under ultraviolet wavelengths. During a fluo dive, you’ll be able take a UV lamp with you and shine a different light on the ocean’s inhabitants.